The Indeed API searches several websites, job boards, staffing firms, associations and company pages and aggredates the results into a single XML list to display. To use the Indeed API, you must create a Publisher account to receive an API key. To do this use the following link: https://ads.indeed.com/jobroll/signup
You must use the following attribution when displaying Indeed's job search results.
<span id=indeed_at><a href="http://www.indeed.com/">jobs</a> by <a href="http://www.indeed.com/" title="Job Search"><img src="http://www.indeed.com/p/jobsearch.gif" style="border: 0; vertical-align: middle;" alt="Indeed job search"></a></span>
To maintain redundancy across multiple geographic regions, your application should regularly update the api.indeed.com IP address from our DNS servers.
- Publisher ID. Your publisher ID is "xxxxAPI Keyxxxxx". This is assigned when you register as a publisher.
- Version. Which version of the API you wish to use. All publishers should be using version 2. Currently available versions are 1 and 2. This parameter is required.
- Format. Which output format of the API you wish to use. The options are "xml" and "json." If omitted or invalid, the XML format is used.
- Query. By default terms are ANDed. To see what is possible, use our advanced search page to perform a search and then check the url for the q value.
- Location. Use a postal code or a "city, state/province/region" combination.
- Sort by relevance or date. Default is relevance.
- Distance from search location ("as the crow flies"). Default is 25.
- Site type. To show only jobs from job boards use 'jobsite'. For jobs from direct employer websites use 'employer'.
- Job type. Allowed values: "fulltime", "parttime", "contract", "internship", "temporary".
- Start results at this result number, beginning with 0. Default is 0.
- Maximum number of results returned per query. Default is 10
- Number of days back to search.
- Setting this value to 1 will bold terms in the snippet that are also present in q. Default is 0.
- Filter duplicate results. 0 turns off duplicate job filtering. Default is 1.
- If latlong=1, returns latitude and longitude information for each job result. Default is 0.
- Search within country specified. Default is the United States (us). See below for a complete list of supported countries.
- Channel Name: Group API requests to a specific channel
- The IP number of the end-user to whom the job results will be displayed. This field is required.
- The User-Agent (browser) of the end-user to whom the job results will be displayed. This can be obtained from the "User-Agent" HTTP request header from the end-user. This field is required.
Sample format of an xml request: